The Falling Star
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Assault of the Snow

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Demi

Demi

The Assault of the Snow Empty
PostSubject: The Assault of the Snow   The Assault of the Snow Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 11:34 am

She darted across the sky like a white streak of light... at least, until she came falling straight down into the forest. Branches creaked and swayed as she passed and sped towards the ground. She rolled midair so that as she impacted the earth she was unharmed; wings folded around herself and acting as a protective barrier against the ground. So, apparently she hadn't got the whole flying with wings thing down perfectly, but at least she had been able to slow herself enough for her not to leave a crater in the ground upon impact.

Her laughter filled the air, startling a few of the nearby birds who hadn't taken flight already into doing so, the fun of flying a freedom she couldn't quite put into words.

Eyelids fluttered open as her wings spread out across the snow covered ground; her wings brighter than even the freshly fallen snow. Her specially designed white cloak which allowed the freedom of her wings was beneath her which protected her against actually feeling the cold snow she laid upon. Of course, the rest of her was by no means as protected: a long bell sleeved white flowy top that went to her knees with a light blue ribbon tied around the waist, black leggings, and black fur covered boots completed her outfit. And did nothing against the sudden assault from snow from above: a large mass of it suddenly falling off of a branch above her and landing to cover her head and chest which instantly silenced her laughter.

Right... so mother nature didn't like her that much apparently. Cold snow as cold, and caused a muffled, short scream due to her suddenly being startled by the freezing stuff.
Back to top Go down
Flynn

Flynn

PostSubject: Re: The Assault of the Snow   The Assault of the Snow Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 11:47 am

Green eyes glowed from deep within a snowbank; the giant of a tiger was perfectly at home laying in a bank of the fluff; hell, he'd nap in it when it was too warm inside. Winter coat meant he could actually overheat in the warmed rooms and such of the city; out in the forest he was comfortable and happy. A deep chuckle reverberated through him hard enough to cause the snow to fall away; freeing his tail and most of his upper body, not that it mattered much. His winter coat was white as the snow itself, he blended perfectly so long as he didn't move. "Do you need help?"

An explosion of steam as he spoke; warm breath from his lungs almost freezing instantly when it hit the cool air. When not speaking there was no steaming breath, exhaling though his nose would give the warmth time to dissipate just enough to not mist up. His tail lifted from the snow and flicked about for a bit; habitual and involuntary; "I can dig you out if you'd like."
Back to top Go down
http://bendthis.forumotion.com/
Demi

Demi

PostSubject: Re: The Assault of the Snow   The Assault of the Snow Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 11:59 am

"I got it. It's not so bad after the initial shock is over..", came her muffled words from beneath the large pile of snow. She wiggled her right arm free and then her left before giving a shove at the snow and causing it to come falling off of her. Once free from the pile she sat up and brushed at the remaining snow that coated her shirt; all while glaring daggers at the pile that now stood harmlessly and innocently next to her.

Once finished with her glaring routine she gave her wings a little shake to rid them of the snow next; which created a gentle gust that blew some of the snow around. Once rid of the snow minus what was still in her hair that she couldn't be bothered to care about she looked over in Flynn's direction. "At least it was just snow... and I didn't hit the tree this time when I landed." Landed of course being the very wrong word for it since falling had been more accurate.

She hadn't expected to get wings at all despite being half angel and half vampire - the most she had shown signs of ever having had been the halo above her head: and had been rather shocked when the week long back ache that everyone had guessed at but not been able to fully explain had one morning produced beautiful angelic wings. A late bloomer so to speak. Of course, she felt flying via vampire powers was much easier than flying via angel wings... still, never hurt to try.
Back to top Go down
Flynn

Flynn

PostSubject: Re: The Assault of the Snow   The Assault of the Snow Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 12:12 pm

"They do tend to leap into your flight path, yes. Or so I've been told; as you know I cannot fly, so I have never had issues with moving trees." He was chuckling still, although it sounded more like a deep purr than anything. He was tempted to stand up and do a little spin around his chosen spot; classic cat making a nice little nest style; but lazy tiger was lazy. Or rather, comfortable tiger was comfortable. "Will you try again, or have you satisfied your need to practice for the day? This pleasant weather won't hold much longer, I can smell the fresh snow coming."
Back to top Go down
Demi

Demi

PostSubject: Re: The Assault of the Snow   The Assault of the Snow Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 12:19 pm

Demi thought about Flynn's question for a moment: she needed all of the practice she could get, or so the wise part of her brain told her. The other part of her brain was simply telling her to call it quits and just rely on her vampire half for such abilities. Right, stubborn Demi was stubborn. "I think I'll give it one more go..." Good thing she wasn't quite so breakable: her stubbornness would've been the death of her long ago.

She stood up to her feet once more and stared up at the sky for a moment. Her goal was to get airborne, fly around, and land without issue. If she could at least accomplish that she'd be satisfied enough to call it quits for a while. She stretched her massive wings and with a simple flapping gesture launched herself into the air: she had realized early on that it didn't take much to get her small frame airborne, not with such large wings. She shot up into the sky much like an arrow, enjoying the feeling of pure freedom once more.

She circled around as she had done before, giving herself plenty of room to work - she was going to wait for the more fancy maneuvers later on when she had better control down. Instead of over focusing as she had been for her past few failed attempts she simply let her instincts do the work for her as she came lower and lower towards the ground. As she continued to near the ground she slowed until, at the very last moment, she landed very lightly: barely disturbing the snow around her.

Grinning from ear to ear she folded her wings behind her back. "Heh, that was easier when I stopped trying to do it my way and just let my body do all the work." Much like everything else she had ever practiced it was simply easier to stop trying to do it her own way, and allow nature and her instincts to just do the work for her.
Back to top Go down
Flynn

Flynn

PostSubject: Re: The Assault of the Snow   The Assault of the Snow Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 12:32 pm

He merely smiled his strange tiger smile; almost a snarl if not for the mirth in his eyes and tail flicking around in a way that screamed amusement. "I believe I told you that before.~ I'd never be able to move the way I do if I tried to consciously control myself. Instincts are a good thing; t'is why they exist to begin with." Aaaand now was the time to be lazy and roll over; his back was itching, and while he could have sat up and chewed on the spot or shifted forms to scratch at it properly, he just flailed around a bit, digging down through the snow until he was rubbing against a small branch that had broken off in the ice storms the week prior. "Aaaaah.~" Much better, and now he was really purring loudly, paws up in the air and tail all but wagging like a dog's would. The way he was stretched had his ears shoved in the snow and his muzzle buried to his black lips, with just fangs showing since his mouth was open slightly, tongue hanging out a bit. Strange cat, yep.
Back to top Go down
Demi

Demi

PostSubject: Re: The Assault of the Snow   The Assault of the Snow Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 12:47 pm

Demi grinned from ear to ear as she plopped down into the snow nearby Flynn and rested her back up against a tree: all while being very careful with her wings: while they weren't hyper sensitive anymore like they had been when they first appeared she still worried about damaging them, and they still felt slightly foreign to her. "I know you did; but it's still hard to think I actually have wings now which makes it harder to accept. They still feel like they don't quite belong on me."

She watched Flynn with another chuckle; he looked just like an overgrown lazy cat and it amused her more and more. It made her almost want to reach out and scratch at his exposed belly: but she didn't, and simply sat there with a peculiar look on her face as she thought about the strange thought that had popped into her head.
Back to top Go down
Flynn

Flynn

PostSubject: Re: The Assault of the Snow   The Assault of the Snow Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 12:54 pm

"Give it time, child. You where not born with them, and the contradict your idea of self; as you identify more with your vampire half. As they settle and you work with them, it will become easier to accept them as part of you, and as that happens your mind will stop trying to control them."

Curling around himself some, he flipped over so that he was sprawling in a more 'normal' way; legs stretched out in front and behind him, tail out long and an obvious ripple of muscles tightening and releasing racing down his spine and through his tail before he resettled. "If I may say so, they do suite you; even if you where full vampire, they would be right on you."
Back to top Go down
Demi

Demi

PostSubject: Re: The Assault of the Snow   The Assault of the Snow Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 1:10 pm

Demi nodded; figuring he was right. It was going to take some time to get used to them and once she stopped thinking of them as something other than part of her then it would become far easier and she would finally stop trying to over think the process. Of course, she was a Malkavian so it was rather hard to block out the pretty feathery wings, especially when they caught the light just right and looked as if they almost glittered. Yeap, ADHD for the win!

That brought up another though: she wondered if she would eventually end up with anymore new powers. Surely there was more to come with the pretty wings she now had. Well, pretty wings and the ability to glow like the sun when she wanted. And then she heard Flynn's compliment and she allowed the subject in her skull to drop: she would figure out any new powers when they came. "Thanks---"

And then she was being tackled and didn't get to finish her sentence. She had been so busy in her thoughts that she hadn't realized that she was being snuck up on by her much younger sister, nor had she noticed the pink feline-like tail sticking out from around the snow covered bush her sister had been hiding upon. Demi went falling sideways and ended up on the snow, staring upwards into the adorable face of her younger sister, Sicarius. "Haha! I got you, I did I did!" Her tail twitched which caused a few of the tiny bells hanging off of it to make a small jingling sound.

Demi simply stared up into her sisters face for a moment and then poked her right on the nose. "....Someone gave you sugar, didn't they?"

Sicarius nodded several times and then climbed off of her sister and sat down nearby Flynn with a huge smile on her face that made her look much like a Cheshire cat. "Hello!", she said as she sat.. well... perfectly still: the child didn't need to breath after all, which made her suddenly look very much like a statue.
Back to top Go down
Flynn

Flynn

PostSubject: Re: The Assault of the Snow   The Assault of the Snow Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 1:29 pm

Oh, it was Sicarius; and she was hyper. This would be interesting. "Hello, little one." Using his large form, he pushed a little wall of snow up to block the chill wind from hitting the young female; it was starting to pick up and grow bone chilling now; the storm was only a few hours out and the headwinds were starting to come in. "You have been practicing on stalking, then?"

Oh, he'd seen her coming, but as he wasn't her target, he hadn't said a word. That would have ruined her fun, after all, and he wasn't going to rain on her parade. She was doing better anyway, coming from downwind this time at least.
Back to top Go down
Demi

Demi

PostSubject: Re: The Assault of the Snow   The Assault of the Snow Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 1:49 pm

Demi simply chuckled at her sisters playfulness as she watched her sit still as stone in front of Flynn. As she shook her head she sat back up, giving her wings another little flap: not enough to lift her up and off of the ground but enough to knock some of the loose snow off of them so she didn't get cold - feathers only did so much after all, especially if she let the snow begin to melt and drench her wings. She was not interested in knowing what it felt like to have icicles hanging off ones wings felt like.

Sicarius looked over to her sister's wings and reached a hand out suddenly and tenatively; she poked the very edge of her wing as she stretched and then withdrew her hand as quickly as possible and stared in amazement at her fingers. "So soft..." She then looked back to Flynn and nodded to his question. "I have! Been practicing lots!" Her tail twitched in her excitement, causing the little bells to jingle once mmore.

Demi blinked at her sisters reaction to her wings and the poking and then chuckled. "Sicarius, how'd you manage to get out here all by yourself?"

Sicarius leaned up against the makeshift wall that Flynn made to block the wind; tongue stick out between her lips as she stared at her wiggling tail. Ever so often her hand would fly out in an attempt to grab the wiggling thing, but alas she would constantly miss as if her tail had a mind of its own. "Easy, I can sense you; can't sense Flynn, but I can find you: you kind of look like a big ball of light in my head - though, you kept flickering there and then gone." Sicarius shrugged. "I came to find you after some lady tried pulling my tail: she smelled funny, like... well, she smelled like she had been buried with dead people for a long while." At this point in her explanation she had one hand on one side of her tail and the other hand on the other; with her tail twitching in the middle. "GOTCHA!", she said as she finally managed to close in on her tail and catch it; more bells jingling happily away. "I win!"
Back to top Go down
Flynn

Flynn

PostSubject: Re: The Assault of the Snow   The Assault of the Snow Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 5:48 pm

Wait, what was this about someone pulling on tails? "Someone tried to pull your tail?" He sounded a bit annoyed by that; it was... very much not something you did, pulling on tails; it was actually against some racial laws, and just in horrible manners and something most would rage out about. "Do I need to go have a chat with an outsider?" Given the description of the scent of the person, it had to be an outside, none of his people would smell like that, not even the fossilized elder nobles that never got out of the senate buildings.
Back to top Go down
Demi

Demi

PostSubject: Re: The Assault of the Snow   The Assault of the Snow Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 6:04 pm

Demi frowned slightly; she didn't like hearing that someone had tried harming Sicarius and pulling on her tail would've done just that. It was one of the reasons why Sicarius had come to live with Demi: people around here didn't pull on tails, so she never had to worry about it - nor would they really question her having one. Although... her pink coloring was a different story: although it made Sicarius look adorable and blended in with her naturally pink hair. Apparently their father had been having fun playing around with genetics.

Sicarius blinked and looked up from her tail which she was still holding in both hands and which was wiggling within her hands as if it were trying to escape. "Hmm? If you want to: I don't like it when my tail gets pulled, it really really hurts... I saw what she looked like. She reminded me of... what were those things called, they're like vampires only different and they drink non-human blood..." She stuck her tongue out between her lips and tilted her head as she thought.

"You mean a Moor, Sicarius?", Demi asked as her eyes slowly began to change to a violet color. If it was a Moor she was surprised the bloody thing hadn't tried to make a snack out of Sicarius: they fed off of non-human blood, and preferred vampire blood.

Sicarius looked to Demi and nodded several times. "Yes, that's what the person was!" And then the child was distracted by climbing onto Demi's lap and lifting up sections of her hair on top of her head. "Hmm.. are you sure you won't grow ears and a tail like me? You grew wings and you weren't supposed to... maybe daddy gave you ears and a tail and they just haven't shown up yet!" Yup, easily distracted Malkavian child was easily distracted. "I think you'd look pretty with ears and tail, not that you don't look pretty now... but then we'd match. 'Cept I don't have wings..."

Demi frowned and shifted somewhat despite her sister sitting on her lap. She didn't like the fact that a Moor was wandering about because they always led to some sort of trouble: normally involving her. She looked over towards Flynn as her sister continued to check her head for ears and wondered what he was going to do about the near-tail puller.
Back to top Go down
Flynn

Flynn

PostSubject: Re: The Assault of the Snow   The Assault of the Snow Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 6:25 pm

"Hnnn..." Outlanders again. Lovely. They didn't normally let them into the clan lands; and they were far enough out from the main cities for this to be a possible problem. They had strict laws for a reason; the clan lands were dangerous for outsiders; many of the oldest clans were... highly clannish and would shoot anyone they didn't know on site. Outsiders didn't handle the diversity among the clans well, many of the oldest bloodlines were long extinct outside of the homeland; and the aquatics didn't exist in any way that outlanders would know about with their levels of technology. Just... dangerous all around.

"We should... alert the local authorities. There is the slim chance that a Moor would have permission to be this far from the city... but I highly doubt it. If not for the fact that you are the children of a highly respected ally and under my protection, you wouldn't be allowed outside the city walls. Off duty as I am, I cannot justify a hunt until a law is broken; Captain of the Guard or not, I am bound by the laws of the lands." He shifted some, moving into another long stretch before rising to his feet and moving closer to the two; enough to curl loosely around them and act as a space heater and wind block; his tiger form was fully grown after all and he was extremely large; so it was easy enough for him to do that. "If you are in no rush, however; we can wait a bit. I know the local guard commander, he's a bit of a lazy old man, but effective enough when he needs to be. I'll put in a report when we're heading home, alright?"
Back to top Go down
Demi

Demi

PostSubject: Re: The Assault of the Snow   The Assault of the Snow Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 6:39 pm

Yeaaaah, she wasn't going to be in a rush to go anywhere now: not with Flynn circled around them and acting as not only a space heater but a damn good block against the wind that picked up. She chuckled softly. "I'm not in any rush now that I'm all nice and toasty."

Sicarius had finished looking for ears that just, at least for the time being, weren't there and reached out and poked Flynn gently next: Sicarius just liked touching things, people, ect. "Poooooke!" She was distracted by something overhead, her head tilting a bit to the side as she watched a strange looking crow looking bird come flying overhead and land in a nearby branch. The crow looked straight at them, staring. Sicarius stared back curiously, ears and tail both twitching.

Demi looked between Sicarius and the crow and just rolled her eyes. "I thought I got distracted easily, but you take the reward on that." She shifted only slightly, allowing her wings to sort of reverse grow; the wings all but disappearing back into her back. It was a neat little trick she had learned just the other day, but one that came in handy. Without her wings to worry about she was able to shift and lean against Flynn comfortably. "That's much better."
Back to top Go down
Flynn

Flynn

PostSubject: Re: The Assault of the Snow   The Assault of the Snow Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 6:50 pm

Tilting his head slightly to the side, he blinked at Sicarius when she poked him, tail flicking in amusement over the whole thing. He didn't mind such a small child poking him, even if he was a bit.... strange about being touched. He was the type to be meticulous about keeping his fur clean, but he also had a soft heart for children, so he could happy swallow his pride and take the usually sticky touches. However, she was a very clean child, as well as adorable and all that, so it wasn't as hard as it could be.

"She is but a child, distraction is a given. Better to be innocent and childlike, then to be jaded as many are by her age." He flicked his tail a bit before forcing it to calm down and lay flat on the ground for the moment. Crows... crows liked to attack his tail at random; and he didn't feel like dealing with that. Now that Demi was leaning against him, he was ready to just settle in for the long haul; a strange reaction he had every time she did that. He'd lose all sense of duty and time and just want to stay like that for as long as he could get away with; for all his lazy cat attitudes sometimes, he wasn't normally the type to lay around all day without a good reason, even when off duty.
Back to top Go down
Demi

Demi

PostSubject: Re: The Assault of the Snow   The Assault of the Snow Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 7:01 pm

Sicarius climbed slowly off of Demi's lap and moved very slowly towards the tree that the crow was in. The tree was more than perfect for climbing with its many low and strong branches: not that she was heavy at all. Hell, Sicarius barely left footprints through the freshly fallen snow because she was just like a cat, exceptionally light on her feet. As she walked over to the tree the crow seemed unable to decide what it wanted to do when it came to watching Sicarius or Flynn and Demi, and so its head moved between one and the other.

Demi smiled and nodded in agreement to Flynn's words. "That's true. I'd much rather her be like she is now than any different. Though, something tells me she's going to like this, or pretty close, her whole life.", she said with a chuckle. She glanced over at Sicarius began to climb up the tree, going from branch to branch with more gracefulness than she figured she herself would even be able to pull off. She wasn't worried about Sicarius falling of course, she was a natural climber and even if she did slip she'd just land on her feet anyway. So, Demi remained comfortably where she was with no urge to move, get up, or do anything really other than keep leaning on Flynn. It felt right, it felt perfect really, like it was just the way things were supposed to work. She didn't understand it of course, and that didn't bother her.

Sicarius continued to climb slowly up the tree and the crow barely moved even as she got closer and closer...
Back to top Go down
Flynn

Flynn

PostSubject: Re: The Assault of the Snow   The Assault of the Snow Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 7:04 pm

"You might want to stop her... that crow could carry her off if it wanted." He was watching her with one eye, the other closing to block a bit of sun glare that hit him dead on when the clouds broke for a moment. Ouch. "I don't think either of us wishes to chase her down, even if she'd likely enjoy the ride." It wasn't his place to tell her sister what to do, at least not in was appeared to be a fairly normal situation. He noticed no danger, outside what he'd mentioned; and he'd leave it to her to handle her sister as she wished.
Back to top Go down
Demi

Demi

PostSubject: Re: The Assault of the Snow   The Assault of the Snow Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 7:19 pm

Demi shifted her attention back to Sicarius as she listened to Flynn speak. The last thing she wanted was to end up having to chase down her sister. She was comfortable and warm at the moment, and was no in urge to really change that. "Sicarius..", she would have continued speaking had it not been for her sisters words and actions....

Sicarius had suddenly stopped climbing as the wind blew and brought the scent of the crow to her hyper sensitive nose: it didn't smell like a crow at all. In fact, it smelled much like the person who had tried pulling her tail earlier. "You don't smell very much like a crow... you smell like a corpse." The crow turned its head, suddenly looking at Sicarius with a very piercing gaze and the child allowed herself instantly to drop from the tree. She landed in a crouch, unharmed, on the ground below and instantly moved over to her sister and Flynn.

The crow let out one croaked caw of a sound and then took flight off of the branch and began to lower itself to the ground. Before it reached the ground it changed forms; turning into a man with a long black cloak and robe beneath: a Moor with hair slicked back, glowing red eyes, and pale as snow skin. "I didn't think that disguise would last for very long..", the Moor spoke, keeping its red gaze on the child who he had been about to grab had the wind not chosen that exact moment to change direction.
Back to top Go down
Flynn

Flynn

PostSubject: Re: The Assault of the Snow   The Assault of the Snow Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 7:55 pm

Joy, there went his happy. Or for the moment, anyway. In the process of his shifting, he brushed his muzzle against Demi's arm and released a soft purr; the action highly affectionate and very off for him; he was fond of Demi and Sicarius, sure; but that was the first time he'd actually nuzzled either of them like that. On his feet now, he moved so that he was standing between the Moor and the girls, tail lifted and flicking in a way that screamed agitation; his soft purr morphing into a deep, low growl; lips pulling back into a snarl for a moment. "Outlander, leave. You are not allowed in these lands. You have one warning, before I will be forced to take action."

Paws shifted and dug slightly into the snow, he was making himself a nice little platform under each paw so he could launch himself if needed. No chances; he wasn't going to risk sinking in the snow when he moved again.
Back to top Go down
Demi

Demi

PostSubject: Re: The Assault of the Snow   The Assault of the Snow Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 8:08 pm

The affectionate nuzzle didn't escape her notice despite the situation as she watched Flynn get up and place himself between the Moor and her and her sister. She rather liked the nuzzling, and found herself even more annoyed than she had been moments ago with the Moor: simply because she wanted more of said affection and couldn't get that now with the idiot interrupting their happy time.

Sicarius climbed onto Demi's lap and held on to her tail which was very still for the moment. Sicarius kept her tail close to herself, obviously worried about it being pulled this time around. Demi shifted, allowing an arm to slip protectively around her sister: it wasn't needed with Flynn with them of course, but she figured it'd make the child feel better about the situation.

The Moor scowled, looking between Flynn and the girls, one of whom he wanted to make his snack. Figuring he'd have to contend with the tiger before getting his meal though he focused his full attention back to Flynn. "Must you make this more difficult then it has to be. You should understand the food chain well enough. Well, here is me..", he lifted one hand and held it above shoulder height. "Here is that little vampire girl there...", he held his second hand way lower than the first, obviously indicating that Sicarius was lower on the food chain then him. "So step aside, let me have my meal, and I'll be on my way..."
Back to top Go down
Flynn

Flynn

PostSubject: Re: The Assault of the Snow   The Assault of the Snow Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 8:23 pm

Oh, the arrogance of the Moors was hilarious. To give a tiger of all creatures a lesson on the food chain, a Daione tiger at that, was just asking to be eaten. Or mauled. Preferably mauled; he preferred his food to not sink of rot. "You seem to be mistaken. You seem to be under the delusion that you are the top of the aforementioned food chain. You see, while you may be partially correct, I do know that your kind enjoy eating those of vampiric and non-human decent... you are in Diaone lands. Here, my disgusting little pissant friend... here you are very much the bottom of the food chain. In these lands, well, I would be the apex predator; to put it lightly." He was growling loudly now, the air around him seemed to shimmer from the force of the rumbling.

Paws began to move, he wouldn't leap just yet; he was going to circle for a moment, get a better look at the greasy being that was angering him more and more by the moment just for existing. Now, I have been more then patient with you; and I was exceedingly clear in my warning to you. If you Moor would just take a moment to realize that laws exist for a reason... fewer of your pathetic race would fall to the claws and fangs of my people. You arrogant bastards are nothing to us, yet you continue to act as if you were god-beings. Pathetic, really." He glanced over to Demi and gave her a bit of a smile; he was done speaking to the beast, as he'd figured out what he wanted to do to him. He'd need a nice, bloody steak later to wash the taste out of his mouth, but it was worth it.

turning his giant bulk like he was going to walk back to the girls; he was inverting inside his own skin and launching with impressive speed at the Moor; claws extended and a roar strong enough to cause avalanches all around them shattering the otherwise quiet landscape. Before the Moor would even be able to begin to process what was going on; Flynn's jaws were clamping down on his left arm just below the shoulder, leaving behind a roughly 4 inch stump of bone and flesh after he'd wrenched his jaw away. Claws dug into the chest and back of the Moor, sliding through flesh like a hot knife through butter and leaving behind 10 jagged gashes that would likely never properly heal, supernatural healing factors or not. The arm was spit out into the snow and left to rot, Flynn turning midair and moving back to the girls; putting himself back into a protective position and licking at a dry spot of his paw like he was cleaning it; in realty preferring the taste of his fur to the nasty blood and flesh still in his mouth. "Leave, or you will lose your head, beast."
Back to top Go down
Demi

Demi

PostSubject: Re: The Assault of the Snow   The Assault of the Snow Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 8:51 pm

Both Demi and Sicarius were watching intently. The fact that Sicarius was a child meant very little in this moment: she had seen many a person end up with a ripped off limb, mauled, or far worse. Half the time she killed her food for one 'good' reason or another, even if she didn't exactly have to. So, watching a Moor get its arm ripped off? Absolutely fascinating. She just smply remained planted safely in Demi's lap for the soul purpose of protecting her tail.

Demi likewise watched, eyebrow raised as she now wondered if the Moor was honestly going to take Flynn's advice and leave, or choose to stay and die. Flynn wasn't about to let that Moor snack on either of them, and she wondered if the Moor was smart enough to realize that.

The moor screamed in agony and got up to his feet as best he could. He threw one glance Demi and Sicarius's way and then looked at Flynn. He stumbled back and away, turned, and then took off running as fast as his legs could carry him. Yup, he had learned his lesson and had no intentions of continuing to stay in the area, or try and have further contact with Sicarius.

Demi grinned, glad to see the bastard had left and hoping very much to be able to return to leaning comfortably against Flynn. "A Moor with half a brain at least... I can hear his thoughts, he's not coming back."
Back to top Go down
Flynn

Flynn

PostSubject: Re: The Assault of the Snow   The Assault of the Snow Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 9:03 pm

"Oh? Very good, then. Just a moment... let me bury this bit of rot before it taints the snow more." he was moving to the removed limb quickly, shovel sized paws removing the snow around it, as well as several feet of permafrost, in a matter of seconds. he pushed the arm into the hole and back filled it; no poor scavenger would have to get sick off the tainted meat this way. Ugh, his mouth still tasted like rotting blood. Nasty. He shoved his face into the snow and tried to use it to rinse out his mouth. It helped some, but he'd need something tasty later to get it all out. For now, it was easy enough ti ignore.

Moving back to the girls, he circled them a few times to flatten the snow where he would be laying; a sound very much a loud, happy purr rumbling in his chest. Once he was settled, he was laying in his side and curled around them; his large belly open to be leaned on, and tail laying over their feet. Extremely flexible spine and very long body for the win. "Now that the problem is solved... we can relax once more."
Back to top Go down
Demi

Demi

PostSubject: Re: The Assault of the Snow   The Assault of the Snow Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 9:14 pm

Demi was all for taking advantage of the situation. She had watched Flynn bury the rotting limb he had bitten off and then move back over to him. His nearness was more than welcoming and she took advantage of the chance to lean on him once more. She was leaning sideways, legs curled up to herself though loose enough to be comfortable. This way she could keep the majority of the front of herself warm, compared to just her back: though Flynn radiated enough heat to do both. Demi just wanted cuddles~

Sicarius giggled as she watched Flynn and then gave a great big hug to Demi. "My tail is saved!" Yup, that was all she cared about. She hadn't been worried about being eaten, she had simply been worried about her tail being pulled.

Demi chuckled at the silliness of her sister while she extended the arm closest to Flynn and laid it on top of him. Without really paying attention to what she was doing she ran her fingers gently through his fur, enjoying the feel of him beneath her fingertips. She laid her head down on Flynn and closed her eyes. She was comfortable and content, with no urge to move out of this spot for a long time to come. She didn't quite understand why it felt so right yet, but she wasn't going to fight it.

Sicarius giggled and got up. She climbed carefully over Flynn and dived into a nearby snow pile; causing herself to become very much coated in the white stuff. She glanced off in the direction that the Moor had gone, knowing that the way she needed to go was indeed the opposite direction. Her stomach roared. "Hnn... I'm going to go get food. I'll come stalk you later, Demi." With that said the child wandered off, leaving the pair there in the snow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Assault of the Snow   The Assault of the Snow Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Assault of the Snow
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next